The MHT-CET or Common Entrance Test is an annual entrance exam conducted by the Government of Maharashtra. It is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education. The degree courses of the following streams are mainly accounted for in this entrance exam
Earlier the test scores were also used for admissions to Medical degree courses. The test is conducted in offline mode. After the Supreme Court of India hammered the deduction for NEET for Medical colleges; MHT-CET is scrapped for medical colleges.
MHT-CET is for admission to B.E / B.Tech (Engineering) and B.Pharm / Pharm.D. Courses and B.Sc. (Honors)(Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Community Science, Animal Husbandry) / B.Tech(Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Bio-Technology) / B.F. Sc (Fisheries).
The pattern of MHTCET exam is as follows:
- Objective based exam with multiple choice questions (MCQ) with one correct option out of four.
- Paper is of two sections viz 50 MCQs of Mathematics each of 2 marks for 1½ hour, 100 MCQs of Physics and Chemistry each of 1 mark for 1½ hour for engineering aspirants.
- Paper is of three sections viz 50 MCQs of Mathematics each of 2 marks for 1½ hour, 100 MCQs of Physics and Chemistry each of 1 mark for 1½ hour, 100 MCQs of Biology each of 1 mark for 1½ hour for Pharmacy aspirants.
- 20% of the Weightage is given to XI syllabus while 80% of the Weightage is given to XII syllabus. Difficulty level of the exam will be held as per JEE standards but there is no negative marking for wrong answer.
- The reference book for the portion of MHTCET is Maharashtra Government Sanctioned Textbook.
- Exam is conducted Offline (Pen and Paper based)
How PPT help students in preparing for MHTCET?
- Our Course is of 2 years in which we start lectures from topics related to XI from Maharashtra Government Sanctioned Textbook from the month of June which helps students to prepare for XI college exam and MHTCET exam simultaneously.
- From the month of January we begin topics of XII from Maharashtra Government Sanctioned Textbook and finish syllabus by December which gives ample time to students for self study and revision.
- Our MCQ notes is made by the experts which cover all types of questions due to which student does not need to refer multiple MCQ booklets for preparation of MHTCET exam.
- Our Lectures include explanation of concept and practicing numerical & MCQ right from start which makes students habituated to analyzing and solving such objective questions.
- Our Tests which are conducted every week is based on MHTCET pattern only, which makes students practice the pattern of MHTCET exam for 2 years.
- OMR sheets are checked by the software which follows the same method as DTE.
- Our Staff keep the students and parents updated about each and every test and regarding the MHTCET exam by means of message and Whatsapp. It helps students and parents save time and get all the necessary information at one place.